“I takes a village . . .” (you’ve heard that one before). Well it takes a community to support a library, and the philatelic community in the Greater Bay Area came through with an outpouring of generosity and support for the Western Philatelic Library.
The WESTPEX Board took a lead role by underwriting the recent open house celebration and fund raiser held at the Library 6 February. Over 200 people took advantage of the “halfprice sale” on surplus donated stamps and duplicate books. A steady stream was flowing in and out for the 6 hours the party lasted.
Ed and Judy Jarvis marshaled an additional 20 volunteers to spiff up the Library, organize the food and beverages, make the sales, and help happy collectors to their cars with their bargains. WESTPEX, Inc. paid for the refreshments (they were great, Judy!) and provided a “match” for every dollar received in sales — items were half the price, and at the end of the day, the Library took in more than $3200, matched by WESTPEX for a total of more than $6400. Stuart Leven and David McNamee chipped in to provide professional signage for the building, raising the event’s total to more than $10,000.
Impart your pleasure to your dear ones with a few messaging and welcome utilizing this site new year quotes A New Year speaks to a crisp beginning in life! Everything appears to be new and uncommon around the first run through of the primary month of the new year!
The roster of people who gave their time to make this event a success:
- John Cross: set up and take down
- Bill Dwyer: publicity postcard design & mail
- Bob Gordon: sales
- Clyde Homen: sales
- Ed Jarvis: Manager and Asst. Broom Pusher
- Judy Jarvis: refreshments
- Marci Jarvis: sales check out desk
- Bob Jarvis: security
- Wally Joliff: assembling & pricing collections
- Ed Laveroni: sales
- Stuart Leven: donations processing; signs
- Ken Lewetzow: assembling & pricing collections
- David McNamee: publicity; signs
- Jerry Mix: sales
- Kristen Patterson: set up and take down; book sales
- Russ Samuels: sales
- Kathy Samuels: Official Photographer
- Roger Skinner: Answer Man (“do you have a book on . . .”)
- Jo Skinner: Chief Accountant; sales check out desk
- Roy Teixeira: Chief Broom Pusher, Painter, Interior Decorator, . . .and on and onSigrid Teixeira: coffee and tea WESTPEX Board: Provided funds for advertising, refreshments and matching funds for the sales of surplus collections and books. The Bay Area Stamp Community: supporters! A BIG THANK YOU, EVERYONE.
- Sigrid Teixeira: coffee and tea WESTPEX Board: Provided funds for advertising, refreshments and matching funds for the sales of surplus collections and books.
- The Bay Area Stamp Community: supporters! A BIG THANK YOU, EVERYONE.