New Council Judges Ralph Nafziger from Oregon and Mark Woodward from Redding are the latest to sign up for training as a Council Certified Philatelic Judge. Their first experience will be as part of the jury at SOPEX.
When you train as a judge, you get a better understanding of exhibiting techniques. Exhibiting makes you a better collector by training you to be selective in what you collect, as well as teaching you about the rich philatelic background of your subject. Judging makes you a better exhibitor because you learn how to organize your thoughts and communicate why you collect and exhibit what you do.
To sign up for judges training, contact David McNamee at email@example.com.
- RENO STAMP SHOW JULY 28-29, Reno, NV Judges: Dzintars and Vesma Grinfelds
- WINEPEX OCTOBER 5-7, San Rafael Judges: Stephen Schumann + David McNamee
- EBCC SHOW OCTOBER 27-28, Walnut Creek Judges: Behruz Nassre + Akthem Al-manaseer
- SACAPEX NOVEMBER 3-4 Sacramento Judges: Nestor Nunez + Bob Grosch
- PENPEX DECEMBER 1-2 Redwood City Judges: Nestor Nunez + Bill Barlow